Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Adventures of Flat Stanley

Have you read any of the Flat Stanley books by Jeff Brown? Flat Stanley was an ordinary boy until a bulletin board falls on him while he's sleeping. He is flattened and decides to travel the world by mailing himself to friends!

For a school project, our 11 year old grandson, Adam, created a Flat Stanley and mailed him to us with the instructions to take photos of Flat Stanley, mail the school a letter or postcard telling the students where their Flat Stanleys had traveled and then mail him on to some new location. What fun!Well, it was a sunny day on Easter Sunday (one of our first for a long, long time), so I decided to take Flat Stanley on an Easter Egg Hunt! It made perfect sense, really, since our grandchildren had come up the week before to stay for Spring Break so our home was childless on Easter.
It was quite an adventure since Flat Stanley is a daredevil climber and very sleuth-like in sniffing out clues to the egg with the money in it (in Howard's pocket). I had fun taking lots of photos and then loading them into my SendOutCards account to create a fun three panel greeting card describing some of the eggs he found. I love the creative features of SendOutCards; it allowed me some fun play time in making my own greeting card so easily.
Flat Stanley even went to work with Howard and tried his hand at jack hammering. The photo of that trip was sent by postcard. How easy: just load a photo into the account and create a postcard with that photo splashed across the front! In just a few minutes I had a very personalized post card. I love SendOutCards!!! Flat Stanley is on his way to Mexico with Donna, my mom, and sister, Denise, and then on to St. Louis with my daughter Katie. Here's hoping a Flat Stanley will visit your home for a fun adventure someday! If so, send me a card.
Happy Card Sending!

No comments:

Post a Comment